Monday, November 17, 2014

Snagit For Chrome and Why I Should Use it More

If you know of a better way to block out certain parts of a video,
please do share! 
It happened quickly. I needed a solution fast. Our school's gradebook was acting a fool and I couldn't figure out why. To get to the bottom of it I needed to call for backup. In this case it would mean a trip to IT to get it sorted.  Time was an issue and I couldn't make the journey but I could make make a screencast explaining my problem, so I did!

Making a screencast is nothing new. It's what we do with the screencast that drives us to find new applications for a tool that you may have previously underutilized.  For me, Snagit, the Chrome extension,  is one of those tools. I use it, I love it, I should use it more.

Today, I used Snagit to make a screencast to quickly communicate my problem to IT.  I took 34 seconds to explain the hang up. The extension launched quickly from Chrome, the screencast was easy and quick to produce, the sync to my Google Drive was smooth and I shared the 'viewable link' via G+ to the IT team. From start to finish, it took maybe 3 minutes to get my message out and saved loads of time. Oh yea, props to Mr. Berm for responding right away and helping me get to the bottom my gradebook issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment